Happy to be here

Re: 85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Looks great Ken!
Thanks you sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus350 View Post
Looks Killer just read all of this thread and the other one. Now I need to take a nap hahaha glad to be following along.
I hope you found it informative and interesting to follow.

I picked up the brake lines I ordered today. I got home at a decent hour and just had to see if they were going to fit. The fittings are correct, but the length is too short. Tomorrow I will call Wildwood to see what I need to bring all this together.

Since I was already in the shop, I figured I would just unmask the painted parts. Well if your going to unmask them you may as well hold them up to see how they look. Before I knew it I was hanging parts in place.

Once again I packed the bearings and hub with fresh high temperature grease. Installed new seals, and slide the assembly over the CPP spindle. I snugged them down and topped it off with new dust caps.

Someone asked about the spacers in my Instagram post. They were there when I bought it and I'm not sure why. I will speculate it is for clearance on the Coys wheels as the dust caps were beat flat. I hope to eliminate them if possible.

Hopefully I can resolve my brake lines issues soon and call this segment done
Attached Images

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 08-09-2016 at 12:05 AM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote