View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 02:25 PM   #256
NastyBuzzard

Re: Let's Build A 1 Ton Crew Cab 4x4

So I figured out what I needed to do to fix my shackle angle and caster angle on the dana 60 for this 4x4 conversion. I could always cut loose the axle tubes and clock the hog head but I will pass on that. Instead I will be dropping the front spring mounts down 4". I probably don't need all of 4", but at least 3" I am going with 4" so I can have more adjustment which will be done with the length of the shackle links.

This basically replaces the front spring mount.

I pretty much went ahead and modeled my own versions of the core support mount and the little brace as well.

In the end my hopes is to have all parts necessary modeled and ready for a complete 4x4 conversion if the need arises again.

Unfortunately with me dropping the front like this it will add lift. Which isn't something I am overly happy about. By some calculating I will be around 6-6.5" of lift if I keep the 4" lift springs up front. We will see when it is together, if it is too high I may just buy a set of 2" or 2.5" lift springs to get me back closer to 4" of lift total.

I also have ordered all my steering stuff besides my drop pitman arm. Going to have my buddy rebuild my steering gearbox and help me swap mounts on the hydroboost setup. He is supposed to bring his setup over when I have it all together to spray the frame.

I bought some more of summits chassis shield. I am going to paint the chassis with the satin black, but I am seriously considering spraying the bottom of the cab and floor of the cab as well. I have even thought about using it to spray firewall. Thoughts?

I also tracked down a set of locking hubs finally and have a ORD engine xmember on the way. I picked it up used, its a sbc one but I plan to modify it to fit my needs.
2010 CTS V- The "NastyBuzzard"
1979 Trans Am - Eventually getting 6.0/T56 swap with boost
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote