View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 08:18 AM   #317
regan wilson

Smile Re: Ok Boys and Girls it's Storytime

I havent posted in awhile because there has been no good news. We had our divisional race in Tulsa in June. i had nothing but issues again. It wouldnt run right for anything. My regulator came apart amongst other problems so when I redlit first round I was glad it was over. I came home and decided to regroup.

I pulled the motor out to work on my intake and look everything over. I had my spacers for the intake cut for a better fit and port alignment. Finally fixed the cause of my missfire problems.(distibutor). Sent my carbs back to Gary Williams for some reworking.(picked them up to 1220cfm each) and converted to external linkage. i got it all back together and felt like some dyno time would be a good idea.

We drove 3.5 hrs yesterday(8-18) to my Machinist , Engine building mentor and Guidance Counselor in Stephenville Tx. Got the motor on the dyno and started making pulls. It was down on power the whole time. I was looking for at least 1220 to 1240 hp. It took us 5 pulls and some tuning to get it to 1140.
That was down 30 hp from 6 years ago. Needless to say but I wasnt impressed. We made some more changes and started another pull. It sounded like it was an improvement until it got to 7000 rpm. That was when it sneezed and shuddered. Donnel pulled it back down and it tried to idle. Then he killed it. We pulled valve covers and didnt see anything. Then the plugs , #8 gap was slammed shut (dont know why) # 7 wouldnt come out.(*%#%%%*). We pulled the headers and found the #7 ex valve resembling a friggin Pretzel ! Loaded it up handed my buddy his payment and came home.

I may start the next autopsy today. I swear I wanted to drop this thing off a bridge on the way home but I'm no quitter so I guess I'll just have to fix it.

You know I'm starting to feel like that guy MarvD..lol