View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 09:20 PM   #6
Steve Cole

Re: Post your engine performance mods and HP/MPG gains!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69gmcc10 View Post
is your truck 2dw or 4wd? What size tires? what gear ratio is in the diffs? When is the last time you cleaned or replaced the MAF sensor? when did you last service your plugs and wires? Have you ever ran SeaFoam through the intake to clean it or in the fuel tank to clean the O2 sensors? Are there any check engine lights or codes?

Your economy does seem lo, for a 5.3 you should be able to find 16 mpg in that engine somewhere. I would give it a complete tuneup/service before doing any mods. The 4.8 doesn't get any better fuel economy.
Hi 69GMC, first of all, thanks for the reply. It is a 2wd, with 275/55/20 tires, I don't know the gear ratio, I haven't cleaned the MAF sensor, or changed the plugs/wires, or used sea foam. No codes. I just bought the truck, on my 2nd tank of gas. I will definitely look into cleaning the MAF sensor, just bought a set of iridium plugs and will pick up some plug wires. Truck has 127,000 on it currently. I will report my results. I need to run a few more tanks of gas to stabilize my mpg too.
Steve Cole is offline   Reply With Quote