View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 03:19 PM   #689
ghalperin

Re: How about some pics of Static Dropped C-10's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad's72 View Post
I have a question for everyone that did a drop with new spindles, springs, and shocks. Like the one I want to order from ECE 4/6 drop kit.
Did you do the rest of the suspension bushings and parts while you were at it? Just wondering because that would add another couple of hundred dollars. Making a parts list and wondering if this all needs to be done at the same time for a nice solid riding truck. Also for safety.
I'm at the same place with my truck. I'm gathering parts for the front and rear lowering with a disk brake upgrade, due to the lowering spindles. My truck has 57K miles on it and although it's been maintained. Now is the time to replace the 50 year old bushings and ball joints, since everything will be apart. I went with Moog on those items. I'll replace the steering linkage, if I see any wear. I haven't even looked at the rear arm bushings, but I should replace those as well, due to their age.

Afterwards I plan on driving it a little harder. Plus, the 396 is going to double the torque, HP and weight over the inline 6.

1960 Burro Corvair/VW Buggy - Factory made in Santa Ana, Ca

1929 Ford Model A Roadster - traditional pre-war banger hot rod
ghalperin is offline   Reply With Quote