View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 06:50 PM   #45
skyjgmc

Re: 70' GMC "Walter"

Not much of an update lately, been busy with family vacations and getting ready for Bow season
We did get the ol 52 up and running and didn't spend a dime to do so. it was kind of neat, first thing we did was pull the carb and set it in a tub of carb cleaner while that was setting I pulled the battery and set a spare one I had in its place. Well we just wanted to see if it would turn over so we bumped the key and the damn thing fired up without a carb on it and ran for a few seconds.............. turns out my BIL sprayed the intake with cab cleaner after we pulled the carb off so it gave us a bit of a scare cause it all happened so fast so after that we swapped out the rotten tires for some less rotten tires toped off the brake master with some clean fluid and bled the brakes mounted the carb back on it and she breathed to life again after sitting for over 30 years we drove it around the block a few times and handed the keys over to my FIL and let him take his wife for a drive they hadnt done that since high school. It was a fun experience!!
sure it needs a lot more work to make it safe and reliable but we managed to accomplish what we set out to do. Now sadly it will probably just get parked back under the tree until I can find some time to fix it up right.

Last edited by skyjgmc; 08-26-2016 at 06:57 PM.
skyjgmc is offline   Reply With Quote