View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 09:43 PM   #267
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

Spent the weekend over at our local lake with family and friends. Good times. One of those friends is building a 70 K10 with his 15 year old son. We talked quite a bit and had a couple of other guys come by to check out the K5.3. Thier project is interesting because they are taking the long box and cutting it down to the short box sizing. It's got your nomal 350 small block and he told me he was going to find some Vortec heads for it to bump it up a little.

This is where I had an idea. I told him, stop looking. I've got a pair sitting in my garage you can have for the project. This was an extra set I picked off of a blown 350 from a customer at the shop. I've got nothing into them. I LOVE the fact that the son is excited about the project (he checked out the K5.3 too) and this truck is going to be his ride through high school and beyond. I said I've had some stuff given to me throughout my project and it's my way of paying it forward. The heads are not doing anything but taking up space and they could use them.

Special callout to GARY here.. I know you've been lurking on this site. If you read this, share your build here with us. I'm dying to see pics of the long to shortbed conversion. Since we have some miles between us I can watch (heckle, just a little) and throw any help I can your way. Starting a build thread is a good way to track the build, look back at where you started and provide insperation to others on thier builds.

Lakeside pic.. Got some lake mud on the tires. Truck is dirty, but it's built for getting dirty. I'm ok with that.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote