View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 07:53 PM   #470
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

Hey everyone. Sorry for not replying to your posts earlier.

Since I last posted I got my new driveshaft in from Denny's Driveshafts in Buffalo, New York. Those guys are great. Very impressed with their customer service and the quality of the driveshaft as well. Hoping to finish up the brakes this weekend and then go on my first test drive! Just an FYI for everyone I had a hell of a time getting the front drivers side rubber brake line. Everyone has generic ones that say fit both sides, but the original steel lines going to the front rubber line on the drivers side is bigger than the one going to the passenger side. Long story short the only place that had the correct brake lines was NAPA. Hopefully I can save someone some hassle with this little FYI.

bL.A.zer90045, I would love to get a solid one for my next project but you are going to have to give me some time to rebuild the savings account after dumping all my money into this one! Its funny I tried buying a 4x4 Blazer in L.A. just days before I bought this one, but the guy on the phone gave me bad vibes so I got this one instead.

tristan, He is definitely a great guy to work with. I got the dust seals from the Truck Shop in Orange, California. They are nice but you don't get the metal parts that connect the rubber to the body; you will have to already have those to put the rubber parts onto.

I will try to give another update this weekend with pictures.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote