View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 05:58 PM   #4
I Have No Idea

Re: 1969 c10 build "the grinch" (gonna be pic heavy)

I ordered a motor and trans from this company I found online called "JS SwapShop" against my better judgement I ordered a 5.3 LS engine, a 4L60E trans, PCM and stand alone harness from them. they also quoted me 4-6 weeks to be delivered from KS to AZ. That was understandable. and at this point I didn't have a chassis to put it in so I wasn't in a real hurry... This was Oct. 5th 2015

I then ordered all new exterior moldings for the truck as well as a bunch of other small parts I knew I was going to need. Brothers Trucks was pretty quick to get me everything I ordered. There was a get together at "dino's" before the goodguys show so I decided to drive it out there all stock before i made any changes. It did really good on the 25mi trip over there. This was the last time it moved under its own power...

The next few weeks I decided to start tearing it down and getting the bed ready to be shortened. The bed came apart much easier than I expected. you can see how the bed floor was rusted through from the fertilizer. All of the structural parts were still pretty good.

Then the sides came off!

I Have No Idea is offline   Reply With Quote