View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 01:26 PM   #16
Praxiss454

Re: Newbie thinking about diving into a '65 GMC 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Submarine View Post
You can get generic steel lines with the ends already flared for a few $ each at the parts store to replace the fuel line. A cheap tubing bender is around $10.

Yes, you are missing an adapter for the wiper blades. In post #151 you can see that there is a hook style adapter that goes over the piece already on the wiper blade and adapts it to the blade/bayonet style. IME you also need another adapter for it to work, since IIRC the wiper arms are 5mm wide and the adapter slot is 7mm wide.

FWIW, the sheet metal screw mounting for the lower mirror bracket seems to work fine. I wouldn't worry about it. And getting to that nut or bolt head isn't very fun; I had some where I used a nut and bolt...my 7/16" wrench is still in the door...
Thanks for the info. Regarding the sheet metal screws, I want a consistent fastener look on top and bottom mounts. I was able to reach in the door pretty far so I think that will work. I might take the advice above and get a piece of sheet metal to use as a backing plate.