View Single Post
Old 09-28-2016, 02:25 PM   #25
I Have No Idea

Re: 1969 c10 build "the grinch" (gonna be pic heavy)

Next up was the wheels and tires. I wanted to keep the old school look so I decided to go with a set of the 22" GM transport wheels.

Here is the look of the wheels that were on it when I received it. Ive been told that the caps are from a nova or chevelle. I kind of like the look of them over the normal truck caps so Im going to use them on the new wheels.

And the transport wheel
(not my picture)

Since the wheels are white from the factory ill just have them powdercoated white.

I put a nexen 265/35R22 tire on them as well.

To put the caps on, I used a set of cap clips I had purchased from a guy off of instagram. They went on pretty easy and allowed the cap to snap on and they are very secure.

Clips installed

Cap Installed

I think they look pretty much how the OEM ones did just with a larger wheel surface.

When I had popped the old cap off of the wheel I had noticed that the wheels were painted white with a brush at some point in time. I had done some research and from what I could fine these trucks came with either white or a silver wheel. I wish I knew what this one had from the factory!

So with that, I purchased another set of the transport wheels and had them powdercoated the silver color just in case I want to go that route. I do like the white on there though.
I Have No Idea is offline   Reply With Quote