View Single Post
Old 09-28-2016, 07:46 PM   #30
I Have No Idea

Re: 1969 c10 build "the grinch" (gonna be pic heavy)

Pulled the seat out to send it to my buddy to get redone... As far as the interior goes, I am going to keep the original light green but change everything that was dark green to black. (if you knew me, this is a big stretch for building anything other than a black on black vehicle)

I was looking for a greenish plaid material to do the seats in and wanted to use one like the "highlander" pattern but couldn't find any with the right green color. and all the ones I could find were too much of an olive green color.

I was researching "green plaid interior" on google and I found that in 1976 Cadillac used a green and white plaid for the calais sedan and coupe... Checked with SMS Auto Fabrics and they had some OEM material!!! they sent me a sample and it was perfect! I ordered a few yards and then went to my local Trim Store and picked up a hide in black for the rest.

Here is the seat prior

And here is the OEM cadillac plaid. It has white background, with green and black stripes for the plaid. It even smells like an old Cadillac!

I Have No Idea is offline   Reply With Quote