View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 03:10 PM   #47
I Have No Idea

Re: 1969 c10 build "the grinch" (gonna be pic heavy)

Next up was to make a frame to tie all of the bed sides, header and tailgate together so they could be pulled as one without the old steel bedfloor. I will be doing a raised bedfloor on this with wood inserts. This is just the lower frame. there will be another one above it.

Square tubing going in.

Bed to cab body lines, lined up...

I didnt take any pics at the time but we also sunk two stinger batteries into each of the bed corners. Here is what one of them looks like now. (after we had ran power cable)

As we were working on the bed, The A/C system showed up from Vintage Air. ( I was running out of room for stuff so it sat there for a few weeks till I could get to that point)

After the bed frame was in, the next step was to do a little panel repair/replacement in the cab. the main issue was where the floor met the kickpanel on both sides and the factory seam from the floor to the firewall. I figured the best plan would be to replace both, driver and passenger floor pans and the kick panels.

Drivers side before.

The passenger side looked just about the same. Here is the after shot with both floor pans and kick panels installed. I also received the new (to me) high hump trans cover. I installed that with some threaded nut inserts and bolted it down so it was still removable if needed. New black door panels, arm rests and dash pad were installed at this point as well. We also put in new power window assemblies from Electric Life and used the autoloc crank handle switches so they still retain the OEM look. All of the window rubber and felt around the main glass and the vent windows were also replaced. (I didnt get any pictures of this stage)

I Have No Idea is offline   Reply With Quote