View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 03:27 PM   #48
I Have No Idea

Re: 1969 c10 build "the grinch" (gonna be pic heavy)

I was trying to reuse the A/C compressor that i had received with the motor and trans but vintage air said it wouldn't work as well as the new sanden one they provide so I had to swap out the original one i had for the new one. I also wanted to keep it in the location that it was in so I didn't have to change any front drive belts or pulleys.

Here you can see the old one in place. it was very tight and i had to clearance the OEM bracket to fit with the new engine mounts.

I then got the A/C condenser mounted along with the dryer and the lines. They are ran through the radiator support but are going to be in the way of the tires when the suspension is dropped. Also the new Ron Davis aluminum radiator was delivered and installed. You can see in this picture how the A/C lines go straight back. I had already changed the bend on the smaller line. But my bender wont do the larger lines. The new compressor is really tight next to the chassis, I had to find some really tight tolerance 90* fittings.

Rear view with the electric fans

My seat also showed up. I'm really happy with how it came out.

I Have No Idea is offline   Reply With Quote