View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 08:16 AM   #17
special-K
Special Order

Re: Is it Just me ? or do any one else notice that the

The site keeps on evolving. I'll realize from time to time I haven't seen this one or that one post since can't remember when. I hang onto this site as my favorite place, one for the love of trucks and two, because I have friends here I don't want to lose contact with. The thing is, without e-mail address, home address, or telephone number all a person has to do is stop coming here, for whatever reason, and they are lost. For years I have been meaning to send out requests for "outside" contact information to assure we can stay in touch. My procrastination has caused me to lose a lot of people.

I know for a fact that many followed the trend and went to Instagram. How am I sure? I've been told that over and over. I don't understand why we have to leave the old behind just because something new came up? Never even checked Instagram out, but I don''t know how it can do anything that we can't do here. Facebook? No thanks. I've visited the 67-72 page afew times and never liked it one bit. Just a bunch of empty chitter chatter and a whole lot of rudeness I don't need. You see a question asked, a bunch of silly guessing by people who just needed to post, then the correct answer, then more silly guesses, then the same correct answer again, and over and over. It's bad enough here that some post without reading the other posts, but on FB it's ridiculous. We can proud of this site as being the best source of information, as well as best behavior, on the net. If there is an association between this site and that FB page, I am ashamed by it.

I get all I need outside of the real world right here. I prefer face to face and this is as far with electronic communications as I care to go.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote