View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 06:30 AM   #327
NastyBuzzard

Re: Let's Build A 1 Ton Crew Cab 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyBuzzard View Post

I noticed my core support mount is a little funky and cocked... I need to fix that. Is it straight and flush with the frame like the pic above? I don't have any pictures of actual crew cab 4x4 81-87 mounting position. Edit. I found these pics from diesel rats thread.. Yeah I need to fix mine.

How he did it:

[/

How mine looks... Yeah I gotta fix that. I did model up those core support mounts so I can make me a new set if I need to, be more boxed like the b52 mounts on the first pic but I don't see that as a problem.

Another weekend with not a lot of progress...

I did score this hydr. SM465 bellhousing for $80 though! I see them sell for bookoos on ebay. I will hang on to it, I thought about modifying the NV4500 to accept this bellhousing but not sure yet.

I did build my new hitch though!! Fits perfect, needs welding finished up and paint.

I also started tinkering around with how the seats mount and all.. I really need to find an upholstery guy, I do not like the red.

I need to get the bed back off once more and finish drilling holes and clearance it for the fuel tank. Hopefully soon I can finally mount the gas tank for good. Finally found my spools of fuel line so I can finish up the plumbing for the fuel.

Hopefully I can finish up the 2x4to4x4 xmember this weekend and start getting some parts made up.

Oh yeah, I have been kind of searching for a banks or ats turbo setup for 6.2 in a square, I may go that route if I can find a set cheap enough. I am not sure which is better, stock 6.5 turbo or the banks/ats setup.
2010 CTS V- The "NastyBuzzard"
1979 Trans Am - Eventually getting 6.0/T56 swap with boost

Last edited by NastyBuzzard; 10-10-2016 at 06:47 AM.
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote