View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 12:35 PM   #119
Chevy3+3

Re: 87 Chevy Crew Cab 4x4 Converion/Cummins swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselRat View Post
I'm already with you guys. Got Amsoil MTG in the trans and it was filled about 1 qt over. I may try changing out the fluid just to see how it looks and for the hell of it.

Aside from that I put some miles on it, runs and drives nice! Wife and kids are very happy with all the room. Started to put my HX35 on it last night but it got wicked chilly and just didn't get to finish.

I will get measurements for you tonight on the height of it. So far it has settled a tiny bit in the rear but hardly at all in the front which is opposite of how I thought it would go!
Good deal. My wife didn't care my my CC at first. She just wasn't brought up driving older trucks. That's all I grew up with was riding in squarebodies. Since she's rode in it now for a couple of years she is starting to like the truck more and more because of all the extra room the CC has. Although she's still amazed how my almost 30 yr old trucks turns more heads and gets more compliments than brand new trucks on the rode, lol.

I love the way your truck looks now. This body style and the fact that its a dually lets you get away with running a slightly smaller tire and still have the extra lift look good. I like the way it looks. You did a great job on the conversion.