View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 06:33 AM   #329
NastyBuzzard

Re: Let's Build A 1 Ton Crew Cab 4x4

No cross over for this truck. It should drive and handle just fine with the stock style steering setup, especially since this is for the highway. I currently have no reason to believe that xover is better for highway driving and I want to keep my sway bar. However, who knows what may happen down the road.

I am getting some parts prototyped for the crossmember! To keep costs down it is a no rush deal but shouldn't be too much longer. Hopefully this week. I am also kind of stuck until I can get the bed back off, been to scared to do it alone considering last time I went at it alone I ended up dropping it and wrecking a perfectly good long bed on my 87... Which I tried to crank up and move to the shop this weekend to start looking at putting the H3 brakes on the 1 ton and the damn fuel pump has died...

I did get a new welding cart which is worlds above what the old home made one was!!!

Waiting on my big spool adapter to come in for the welder and I may need to buy a new lead as well.

I have been working on my 04 crew cab... It scared the **** out of my on Tuesday. When I pulled into the driveway I heard knocking!!

After more investigation though it seems the bearings in the water pump died. So I yanked it Friday, parts should arrive for it today.

2010 CTS V- The "NastyBuzzard"
1979 Trans Am - Eventually getting 6.0/T56 swap with boost
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote