View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 11:57 PM   #84
skyjgmc

Re: 70' GMC "Walter"

Thanks guys he's pretty excited about it, can't wait to get his elk now.

Well we are still having electrical problem with Walter, new cables, new batt, new volt regulator new ignition. All replaced in the last year. I drove it a lot this week a bunch of short trips into town after work. Took it camping with my boy on Friday night went hunting saturday morning after hunting stopped at home depot to grab some material it was hard to start in parking lot made it home and wouldn't start back up dead battery. Alternator tests good, but some how the charge is not getting to the battery. I'm wondering if someone has a diagram of the charging system on our trucks? . It can't be to difficult to trace though so I may just fiddle with it. I am wondering if the burnt/melted plug on the ignition switch is the culprit? I know when I replaced the switch I noticed the melted plug on the batt+ spade. Don't know if it goes through there to the alt and then to the battery or not? . But I do have a pig tail off of the parts truck I could solder together and make a new harness for it.
skyjgmc is offline   Reply With Quote