View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 05:15 PM   #224
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Re: Out of the Ditch = The Rebuild Begins ('72 GMC)

This truck will never be a show truck. Just low, mean, fast and loud... So I am learning as I go in the metal fabrication process and the rust repair. Today I decided what the hell... might as well give the upper door hinge pocket repair a try. If i really screw up that bad, I'll just use a different door, or... ulp... an aftermarket door!

When I wrecked this thing the drivers side door flew open and tore the already rusty hinge pocket out of the door a bit. So here is what I've done today...

Made a few cuts to the outer skin and will use what I cut out as a template to make a new skin out of spare sheet metal. I wire wheeled in there the best I could and then hit it all with some Rust Mort. Now I will let it sit overnight so the Rust Mort can dry and I'll figure some more out tomorrow.

Gary
Attached Images

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.

Last edited by GASoline71; 11-16-2016 at 05:24 PM.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote