View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 11:59 PM   #9
Lugnutz65

Re: 1966 Chevy C10 Steering Column Shaft ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clif Dzzzz View Post
Captianfab........all of your advice on the 72 GMC Power steering box, rag joint and lower-upper shaft blended into the original 66 steering column tube assembly worked perfectly......simple assembly....

I'm now encountering a problem with the installation of the original 1966 Chevy upper components....I've have several exploded parts diagrams of the supposed assemblies........I'm sure there is a ring spacer - shaft ring spacer or some small part missing...that is not showing in the average parts explosion diagrams.......

Any chance you might have, or know of, or where I might find a very detailed diagram of the 66 Chevy column assembly housing in the turn signal cancellation switch area?

I'm sure it's the Indian and not the arrow!

Thanks in advance....

Clif
Clif,
I may have photos that will help. The upper column has a metal ring with a tab and set screw. There is also a plastic spacer/bushing that fits on top of the metal ring. Those pieces are used to adjust tension on the bottom edge of the shift collar. Here are pics.
Attached Images

Want to know more about T5 transmissions? My website has a T5 Info Page and a Step by Step T5 rebuild.
Lugnutz65 is offline   Reply With Quote