View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 09:12 PM   #29
Curt - TN

Re: 1950 Five Window Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Curt, that is a bummer. The lsbrackets is one I haven't seen.

Here is another option that I believe will fit and it might be a touch Lower in price than lsbrackets...from VA though I believe it is a KWIK.
OK, here is an update on my A/C compressor mounting issue.

I have only found one narrow bay high mount bracket that supports a 508 and that was from LS Brackets but it requires a water pump change and belt tensioner change and it was $214.95. They have a small compressor mount and that is $179.99.

I did talk to KWIK and they have a bracket that fits the smaller Sanden 7176 compressor but that is like $259.00 vs. the $125 for ICT Billet. They also think their streetrod set up for a 508 may work but it also will require a water pump modification to the top hose and is in the same price range.

A quick call into ICT Billet and I found option number two. They said the 551352-3 might be a better choice, it is a high mount, $25.00 more expensive ($124.95 vs. $99.99) and it will require a mini style Sanden 7176 compressor and the Camaro tensioner.

I have come to terms that I will need to buy a Sanden 7176 compressor and I am going back with the new ICT Billet since they were very willing to help me out on the return of my old bracket which was totally my error.

The new bracket was ordered today and I will do another video on that install.

These are the measurements of the current bracket that does not work:

These are the measurements of the new bracket.
1957 GMC 100
Curt - TN is offline   Reply With Quote