View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 04:30 PM   #8
special-K
Special Order

Re: Things that annoy: "AC Works, but"

The A/C works, just needs charged or ran when parked type of thing I see as the owner letting me know it's status rather than giving it a false boost. It lets me know the compressor didn't lock up, it's just leaking down or that the vehicle isn't sitting because it blew up and there's a chance it has a good motor. It adds to my basis.

"4wd works". I love that one. If it's a 4wd I'd expect that. It's when it doesn't work that I need to hear about it. It's not like "4wd works" tells me the yoke splines aren't wafer thin, bearings don't clunk, rattle, and whine, u-joints don't squeek or clatter, etc. "4wd" isn't one thing. 4wd can work but one locking hub won't lock.

What gets me the most is when the vehicle needs something fixed, you point it out as part of your offer, and they say "That won't cost much" or "That's an easy fix". Then why isn't it fixed? I always tell them that's what needs fixed to be worth the asking price

A funny one is a truck for sale with the typical rust and as a selling boost "Have parts needed to fix". Hey, thanks a million for saving me all that time and expense. The rest is easy. More like, "Bit off more than you could chew, ey? I'll do you a favor and take it all off your hands for xxx"

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote