View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 08:26 AM   #210
Canuckvetter
How did I get this OLD!

Re: How old were you when your truck was new?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvis-69 GMC 1500CK View Post
Would not trade it for anything, despite being an old farm truck loved little it is still far more reliable then anything else I have owned. In fact it is having to winter outside because my fathers 04 f250 is taking up the garage due to blown turbo(on that note anyone have a spare turbo lol). I have a 91 Cadilac which starts only when it wants to, cruise works only when it wants to and the car is pretty much just "when ever it wants to". We have to disconnect the battery to guarantee it will start next the next day, my truck on the other hand i will let sit for few weeks crank it and it comes to life. Only reason why it is not my daily at this moment is because I cant afford new rims or snow tires and this truck on summer tires up here is more or less suicide lol. My plan is "when I can afford it" restore it to more or less orig with a few modern comforts, it is my daily so lack of radio (and muffler) is a bit annoying.
Good luck with that truck! Being outside hasn't hurt your truck in almost 50 yrs. in fact it only adds to its character. Keep it maintained and it will never let you down. I can remember saving all my $ in the mid 70's for snow tires because my girlfriends mother would not let her ride in the truck. Parts are everywhere for these trucks just gotta look or ask.
Nice talking to ya. Merry Christmas!
1967 Oshawa built LWB Fleetside. 327,3 OTT, 515 Vermilion, CST, PS, PB, Shoulder Harness, Tach,Vac, Speed Warning, Choke Delete, Manual Throttle, Fawn interior. Dealer installed A/C 04/2015, N34 Rosewood Wheel 06/2023
Members who I have met personally. Metaldoc, chevnkevin, 62 Longbed, 72LHorn, 72MARIO, YBNORML, TBONE1964, Classic Bowties, Chevemall, Dagnabbitt.
Canuckvetter is offline   Reply With Quote