View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 01:31 AM   #2
joedoh

Re: Has anybody seen or tried this?

you will spend a lot of time tuning, and I say this because there are two states of tune, open loop and closed loop. in open loop (engine warm) the tune uses AFR feedback from the O2 sensors, in closed loop (engine cold, other conditions) the feedback circuit is ignored, and runs on preprogrammed tune only. so if you have a preprogrammed tune that thinks the stock 24lb injectors are installed, the tune will send PWM signals to the injector that corresponds to the warmup fuel required. if the flow is 3x, you will soak your spark plugs and belch black smoke until the O2 sensors come online.

this is why most guys will just run a rising rate fuel pressure regulator on turbos, when you are on boost it raises the fuel pressure, increasing flow, and the O2 dials in the AFR. when you are cold, and you almost never go full boost right after starting, the factory fuel pressure and cold start tune work just fine.

looks like a neat trick, though. keep in mind that very few EFI systems are sequential injection (valve open, injector fires), and those that are sequential switch to batch injection (correct amount injected with valve open or closed) after a certain rpm because a) its hard to get all that fuel in one squirt and b) as the rpm goes up the valve open duration window is infinitesimally small to squirt fuel through. I bring this up because the pintle is there not only for regulation but also atomizing the fuel to mix better with the air. At high rpm fuel in a batch fired injector can drip or pool in the intake and cause running problems, fire hazards, even quench the cylinder.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote