View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 10:16 PM   #2
88k5jimmy

Re: 1964 c10 long narrow/step bed

Since I cannot weld, I was either forced to utilize all bolt on suspension components or have someone build my chassis for me. I wanted to be the builder of my own project, so I went with GSI front suspension and Porterbuilt rear suspension. The GSI front suspension went together relatively pain free, just the minor tweaks here and there. The rear suspension has been a little more difficult and time consuming due to one issue coming up from solving another. The rear is for the most part mocked up. I have been in contact with Nate over at Porterbuilt with the issues that have arose. To his knowledge, I'm the first that is bagging a long narrow/step bed and there will be some issues that come up because of that.

Rear suspension fully mocked, just need some tweaks once I get the bed panels on:

Front suspension mocked up:

I did have a mock up 5.3 and 4l60e in the frame rails for the front suspension mock up. Just like the Porterbuilt front dropmember, the GSI utilizes a rack and pinion steering with a couple joints to get from the rack to the steering column output shaft.
88k5jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote