View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 01:50 PM   #20
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

I fabbed a sheet aluminum mount for the new air bag guages (or do I spell it gages since I'm talking about installing them on a GM). I didn't want to drill holes in the dash so the plate is sandwiched between the heater controls and the dash and is held in place by the heater screws. I am happy with the how they look, with the exception that when the lights are on you can see them glowing through the white plastic gauge body and illuminating the heater box and floor. Most likely I will have to paint the gauge bodies as that just bugs me. I got the last fittings I was waiting for so now the lines for the guages are done and now I just need to jack the WMB up and set it on stands for the last part of disconnecting the old and hooking into the new. Then let the leak checking begin.
I also did the headlight relay conversion. Left the factory plugs in place just in case I had a relay failure I could unplug the relays and swap the plugs on the headlights and be back in service. I still need to figure a better connector to plug into the old headlight connectors. Currently I just have the relay coil leads plugged into the passenger side headlight connector with 1/4" male spade terminals which aren't ideal. The last photo is the relays and the circuit breakers installed. I will need to fab up some kind of shield for them.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote