Thread: Shop LED lights
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 05:46 PM   #1
oldman3

Shop LED lights

FIRST THING. IF ADMINISTRATOR OR MODORATORS THINK THIS THREAD SHOULD NOT BE ON THE SITE, PLEASE REMOVE.

In between our car/truck projects there is always something that need to be done. In my case it is changing from florescent shop lights to LED. My reason for changing is that bout once a month a fixture will burn out and need to be replaced. Have 22 fixtures in my shop. Been replacing them, but finally is said- ENOUGH. I checked into converting from florescent to LED, and it was simple enough. Main things is removing the ballast and wire direct for LED's. So I checked out different places that sold LED tubes, and also looked at videos on how to convert. My fixtures are made by Lights of American, sold at Wal Mart. The ballast is electronic (which is my problem with them going bad so soon). None of the videos showed my lights, so I took one of the old ones that was bad, checked out the wiring and after some checking worked out how to hook it up. Got two LED tubes adn checked out the fixture and it works great. Had to take a couple pics I missed during assembly, but everything is in order now. Enough of me running my mouth, this is how I did mine.
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote