View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 12:43 AM   #143
Jay2Cor517

Re: Your Favorite Budget MODs ($50)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
Here's another cheap mod and adds SO MUCH more light to the cab. Got a courtesy light kit for LMC:
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cc/full.aspx?Page=191

Spliced it into the one light that's already there. Added less bulbs and WOW what a difference in lighting.
TKCR, thanks for this mod. I read your build thread and a while back (love your truck). Then I went to Ace-Pick-A-Part on Half-Off day and found three of these from trucks/suburbans; spliced two of them into my truck. I hadn't bought LEDs for them but used 1156s bulbs instead of the 1003s(?). It made a major difference. The best part about it was two fold. When searching for the under dash courtesy lights, I found a multiple sets of quad relays in '93+ trucks/burbs/tahoes (just pull out the glove box, they sit on top of AC/heater stuff). When all was said and done, I got the relays for .50 cent apiece, they charged me for the wiring harnesses at $2 apiece but only for three of them and the lady gave me the three courtesy lights. So, those are my mods for under $50.

P.S. If you haven't done the headlight relay mod, go to the yards, find those relays and cut the harnesses too; this should be done if you keep the origninal sealed beams, buy the high performance Sylvania Silverstar sealed beams, Hella H4/H1 bulb setup or any other headlights. That way you can enjoy looking & seeing better AND being SAFER!
Attached Images

Last edited by Jay2Cor517; 01-12-2017 at 12:49 AM.
Jay2Cor517 is offline   Reply With Quote