View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 11:48 AM   #770
knomadd

Re: Knomadd '71 SWB C-10

I have made some progress over the last week and a half. Not much, but progress is still progress...

I finally got the high hump installed. Had to mark and drill the holes, then cut some more of the floor for the clips I used, but it's in... or was.

I dropped the engine in this weekend so I could test an idea of where I want to mount the ECM. I had been thinking I'd mount it under the dash, but it's really really cluttered in there now... Here it is sitting on a plate I made to bolt to the dash, and was going to somehow tie it to the pedal mount plate I still need to make.

Instead, I thought I'd try and see if the harness would reach to under the seat. So, I started routing the wires from the sensors back to the cab.

It appears to be long enough that I can make that work, so I'm going to try and use the junk harness first and get it where I want it, then copy it with the new replacement (good) harness.

It looks like there's a ton of extra wire, but there really isn't. Some of all that coiled wire is useless (rear O2 sensors, EVAP stuff and such). The MAF sensor wires are too short, but I can add to them. Also, since the back of the engine and trans are the furthest from where the ECM used to mount in the Express Van, there is a lot of extra length for those wires, but not so much for the front drivers side sensors. Should be interesting, and make for some "fun" nights and weekends ahead. I'm not a big fan of wiring...

Oh, and in case you can't tell, I have some peeling paint issues on the engine and trans. I guess I either didn't clean it or scuff it well enough. I'll be pulling it back out to fix those areas.

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)

Last edited by knomadd; 07-14-2017 at 12:05 PM.
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote