View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 06:24 PM   #639
SCOTI

Re: Project "Popeye"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEVON View Post
700R4 is done! So much better driveability. It's quicker, smoother and highway cruising is no problem. Fries tires with ease. 70-75 is a sweeet spot. 80+ is no problem, but wind noise starts to take the fun away. I can't remember all the specs on the trans, but it's got standard upgrades like beast sunshell, boost valve, servo, pump mod, shift kit and I think upgraded steels and clutches. I managed to calculate the speedo gears dead-on also, that's a first. 4th gear lockup is accomplished by a single solenoid with switched 12v power running through the brake/cruise switch. Pretty seamless operation. I used the standard S10 4.3 torque converter. I think that alone makes the driving more enjoyable. They stall around 1800-2200. What I had behind the TH350 was approx 3200. The hardest part of the whole swap was adapting the FiTech linkage for a 700R4 kickdown cable. They are not made to accept them, I had to modify the linkage and create a custom bracket with the correct angle and pull length.
Can't wait to move on to some other small things for the cruising season. I keep a detailed list with "problems", "needs finished" and "wish list".
This doesn't make sense.....
Let's make a product that updates 'old-school' carb set-up's easily but not worry about compatibility w/one of the most popular hot-rod/muscle car conversion OD transmissions used.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote