View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 12:11 AM   #124
MMcMasters

Re: 1970 Med Olive Project

Slowly but surely I'm getting to the finish line on this chassis. This weekend I got my driveline angles sorted out. I need 3* shims to correct my pinion angle and I'm done there other then finish welding the bag mounts and painting the rear end. Should have the shims by Wednesday.I got the new driveshaft painted today and started building the exhaust.

I had a set of ultra flows, a bunch of J bends and some 45's on the shelf so I'm going to try to get the exhaust finished on the cheap....because I'm cheap
I also bought a U weld h-pipe kit. I have from the h-pipe to the mufflers mocked up and tacked together. I wasn't able to finish the head pipes today because the exhaust runs right into the transmission crossmember. I tried flipping the crossmember over and I was able to gain some room but it's still right in the way. I'm going to modify the crossmember or just build a new one to make my life easy. I plan to flange the system before and after the trailing arm crossmember in case I ever need to remove it without having to cut the mufflers off.

I'm moving slowly but I am very motivated even if my results don't show it

70 Med Olive build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=714804

Instagram- protouring66
MMcMasters is offline   Reply With Quote