View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 10:55 AM   #3
Ski-me

Re: What do you guys think of this blazer?

It looks to be a 90 or 91. In engine bay, there is a black box mounted to the brake master cylinder that controls the rear anti-lock brakes. Only offered in 90 and 91. They don't do too much in the stopping though.

Looks like seat belts in rear are also missing. 90 and 91 had a rear shoulder belt and the unit was attached to the fiberglass shell inside. It looks like there are some connections where they use to be.

Electric speedo will have an extra digit so you also get the 100,000 mile counter. 89 and older has one less so once you roll over 100k, who knows. I converted my cable 89 to the 90-91 electric. Works more smooth than the cable driven....I prefer.

Rear driveline removed or front?

If it can't move, that drives the price down for sure!

Seats actually look pretty decent (front and rear). Carpet is trashed and I would replace (not too expensive really).

Paint looks decent and any pealing is expected.

I bought my 89' in Seattle for $3500 and it ran. So a data point for you.

You'll have to check for rust, especially in the rear tailgate area and rear floorpan area.

Looks like a 4" lift. You'd have to install a new engine fan, new radiator shroud and new OEM air cleaner. If you have some good junkyards there, you can find all kinds of parts.

The biggest issue is if it's driveable or not.

89' K5 Blazer, 2.5" lift, 35" tires
04' GMC Yukon XL, 3/4 ton, 8.1L

Last edited by Ski-me; 02-14-2017 at 11:03 AM.
Ski-me is offline   Reply With Quote