View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 03:52 PM   #16
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: Aftermarket Steering Column Wiring Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve aleve View Post
So just an update on things. I called gear head enterprises to let them know that I had a faulty switch. I provided all of the info from the ebay purchase etc. The guy said he would call me back to let me know what they can do for me. I received a call a few hours later and he told me they don't have turn signal switches. I didn't quite understand what he meant so I asked if he could clarify. He said we can't send you a new switch because we don't have them separate. I then asked if that means I have to send the whole column back. He said no they won't switch it. He wasn't great with words so I had to Re phrase it and ask him a few different ways. He finally said that I would need to buy an entire new column!!! Can you believe that! I don't usually lose it but this is ridiculous and I can only hope that this post saves someone headache down the road!
This is typical of ALL the cheap import columns. Anything breaks it has to go back, if its past 90 days you out of luck and have to buy a new one. We refunded about 50 percent of the ones we sold and stopped selling them.

We purchased them for about $165 from a distributor who most likely paid $100 -110 and had to have it shipped from China at a cost of maybe 10% so just how much in parts and quality could possibly be left and make a profit. I suspect they had a $45 manufacturing cost. You can buy a legit GM tilt mechanism for $45 let alone a entire column. While Ididt and Flaming river can be pricy they stand behind their products and you can always get parts for them.

If they (Gearhead) won't make good see what ebay will do. If you paid by CC do a charge back with your cc company.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote