View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 03:46 PM   #280
ibrown50

Re: Ian's Tennessee Honey '64 Short Box Step-side - England

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65sub View Post
Looking good Ian. I love how a paint bubble ends up being a 2 inch hole by the time you find something to weld to

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh1965 View Post
Very nice job Ian . There can't be much left on that cab you haven't repaired . Looks like you are getting there though. Will we all be done by the end of the year though that's the big question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Nice work! You are getting all those tin worm issues taken care of in style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
Your work looks great Ian. Find a problem, figure out a solution and get it done.
Can't wait to see the next episode...
Quote:
Originally Posted by realvc View Post
You are a metal craftsman. Great thread about a very nice truck.
Gentlemen. thank you for all of your kind comments, I am enjoying the challenge but I must say at times this old truck is testing the limits of my (limited) skills

Truck wise I’ve had a bit of a “slow start” to 2017, I managed to get a piece of rusty metal in my eye, which resulted in a 6 hour visit to the ER. The metal was dug out but the wound ended up becoming infected so I’ve been sporting an eye patch. Which I thought made me look like this

Name:  Snake.jpeg
Views: 579
Size:  6.9 KB

But my wife reckoned I looked more like this

Name:  pudsey.png
Views: 605
Size:  10.9 KB

Oh, and I had a chest infection too.

Anyway, I finally got back on the truck last weekend and got the pillar repair finished, if I say so myself it may be the best repair on the truck so far.

Name:  pillar weld finish.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  39.2 KB

So back onto the door I got from Rian, the media blasting had revealed more holes than expected in the door.

Name:  Door0.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  25.2 KB

Don (Ta2Don) had supplied a repair patch so I just had to decide what to weld up and what to patch.

Name:  door1.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  32.2 KB