View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 07:48 PM   #5
jasonroman

Re: eBay parts to lower 85 burb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrancher View Post
No idea on the nut size for you. PB Blaster is your friend to pre-treat threads before trying to remove old rusty nuts and bolts....or plan on getting out the grinder or sawzall and chopping them off.

Lots of ebay stuff is name brand, but it seems that not all spindles are equal. I used Western Chassis spindles for my drop and have plenty of room between the wheel and lower control arms. I've read a lot about having to grind the arms to varying degrees with other spindles.

As far as doing the spindle/coil cut and flip, there's info that may help you out in the link in my sig. You can use stock length front shocks and in the rear, but you'll need shock relocator brackets for the rear.
thanks for reply. unfortunately i ended up spraying it after the fact. kinda sucked cuz there was not much room to get a wrench on the nut in the first place since it was so close to control arm. gonna stop at home depot and get a different vice grip and see if that helps. the one i have seems to not hold. not much room to get good bite.
i may go with the spindles you mentioned. been reading up a bit to see which might work best..
right now I'm on the skinny stock rally wheels. 15x6. hopefully i get it down some time soon. just figured while i wait for spindles, flip kit and i guess shock extender. that i could maybe drop it a bit.

thanks for reply. ill go back and check your thread.
if I'm right, you posted something about making a tool for the rear flip.
is this something i need to do, or just make the job easier.?
jasonroman is offline   Reply With Quote