View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 03:17 PM   #1756
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Just an update w/progress photos to keep my "Log" up to date.

Only the serpentine system had been installed as of yesterday. The shop is full of other short term work now and since my body isn't done yet I guess there's no reason to rush. Feels like Chinese water torture to me!

As an aside, I finally sold my 10 bolt rearend the other day for $50. Not much but saved me having to take it somewhere as scrap. That MAY happen to my straight axle and leaf springs though. Too bad as it's already upgraded to tapered roller bearings and 5x4.75" lug pattern by the original owner. Oh well.

Buyer of the 10 bolt had a buddy drive down from Bakersfield it pick it up so he must have really needed it. The gas cost more than the part.

Closeup of the AC compressor. I LIKE shiny, what can I say? The alternator, serpentine mounting brackets and intake manifold will get polished or chromed later. Too many unknown costs right now so saving some cash for awhile.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 03-01-2017 at 03:22 PM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote