View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 10:49 AM   #931
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: 85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

Thursday was a mad marathon to get Scarlett on the ground. I had a full day at work then had to go pick up the trailer from my brother in law Roger. After a quick visit I was back on the road.

From there I went by Discount Tire to pick up the rear wheels and a set of spline drive lug nuts. My Relaxed brother Jason is the store manager on 2920 in Spring. If you need a good deal on tires with great service stop by and he will fix you up.

Somehow with all my research and careful measuring I had missed my mark on the backspace. I wanted the rear wheels to have as much depth as possible and not be tucked too far in. I slightly miscalculated and they ended up being to close for my comfort. They would clear, but I was concerned they might rub. Jason sent them out to have the mounting pad machined down and saved my ass in the process.

I headed home to meet Chris and see if we could make this happen. We installed the rear wheels with the correct lug nuts and checked for clearance. It was still tight, but much better now so we could move on with out trimming the inner lip.

With the rear on the ground it was time to move back to the front. Chris had reinstalled the battery tray and mounted the battery in place. We double checked our grounds and test fired again. My buddy Keith had made it in from Dallas so he and Chris worked under the hood while I installed the last of the trim pieces in the interior.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote