View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 03:15 PM   #42
Nomadicflyer

Re: 72 C20 Miss Olive

Thanks, Ed! Thanks, Larry!

I looked at the routing of the pipes.... it comes close to the drop arm just behind the axle. Not sure the proper name for it, but the arm in question comes off the frame on the left side and attaches to the axle on the right, the exhaust is in between the axle and the drop arm. Exhaust shows sign of at least one occurrence of rub. Beyond that, it's clear. I just keep thinking that it needs a little flex... this thing is so tight to the frame it might as well be welded to it! Now that I have everything in place, the exhaust pipe sure looks like it's aligned to the exhaust manifold at the 3 hole flange. If it's off, it's only by 1/2 an inch or so. With that donut sleeve to guarantee alignment, I'll find out in a moment.

Putting on one new exhaust manifold for cracks, the other came off for the donut seal. By the end of the shift, I'll have both manifolds back in, with new gaskets/donuts/donut sleeeves, new hardware and if time is left, I'll cut the pipe straps and put in rubber flex. I have one valve cover gasket replaced, the other to go.

New flex brake lines ordered from Inline tubing, for the back axle and front caliper hoses. Hoping to see the new vinyl floor from Classic this upcoming week. Hoping to start on the new fuse block for the AAW wiring harness tonight, when my partners in crime show up

Pic of the partners in crime: we're either painting, or there's a bank about to be robbed!

Kevin
Attached Images