View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 11:10 PM   #139
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

haha thanks doug, I have my own way of speaking sometimes.

I have done a bunch, pictures are still in the phone, I have a teenager that is claiming ownership of every spare phone cord. most of them are at her boyfriends house or somewhere called "Idunno"

but I got the dash sanded and ready to paint, all new brake lines in, I even replaced the ones that run under the engine they looked crusty. the new one to the back is actually two, I had the choice of flaring the ends of 120" of 1/4" line OR buying 2 preflared 60" and a union, I chose the latter. I picked up a reg cab shortbed driveshaft and it fits perfectly 53 1/4" long yoke to yoke (center) but I cant find the caps for the u joints. I cleaned the garage completely and put the dirty plasma table by the end of the garage so I could just open the door and blow the dust out. The front mounts were 3/8" LOW so I rebuilt them slightly higher, and I started on the shifter linkage mount. I also cut out that rotted heater fitting and replaced the gas tank straps. The steering column mount is finish welded and the firewall clamp is installed along with the gas pedal. if I can get the mounts capped tomorrow and the rad mount on the truck I can start final assembly!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote