View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 02:15 PM   #689
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Because my goal is to get the cab to the blaster, I decided to leave the driver side where it is and move to the passenger side. I can clean up the welds and detail any missing welds when I get it back.

Passenger floor. One of the only sheet metal sections that was actually rusted through on the entire truck.
Name:  IMG_6893.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  58.3 KB

Decided to use my air chisel to remove the old pan. Since I decided not drill out any of the spot welds, it went pretty quickly.
Name:  IMG_6895.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  57.8 KB

Everything exposed. The floor had already separated from the short cantilevered beam so it came right off. I left the bolt pocket and old floor pan sheet metal that is around the pocket in place. I plan to go over the top of it with new pan. I'll probably build up a flange to sport weld to the trans tunnel. This will give the new floor pan something to sit on.
Name:  IMG_6903.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  60.5 KB

I opened up the hole around the bolt pocket so it dropped down level. I'll weld the gap around the pocket solid. Note that the top right floor pan structural bend does not line up. The second one from the right is perfect. When I flange that area I'll make some sort of adjustment to insure that the pan drops in and the misalignment is not as noticeable.
Name:  IMG_6905.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  41.9 KB

The floor pan and step sitting in place. Once I get these secured with the Cleco's, I'll start on the cab corner. Note the small screw jack under the door pillar. I didn't trust the truck not to move when I pulled it apart so I supported it in this location. Opened and closed the door a few times after the floor was out and everything appears to be still in place.
Name:  IMG_6911.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  87.9 KB
dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote