View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 06:46 PM   #10
tgdoumit

Re: Moby: 88 Suburban / Cummins Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAnthony View Post
Cool build dude! I grew up being hauled all over the country in my pop's '85 Burb and he would've killed to have a Cummins in it lol.

If you don't mind me asking, how hard was it to swap in that Snow Fighter Axle? I know the spring pads are the same as the Chevy's but what about hooking up the steering and whatnot?
Well, I haven't got too far on that yet. I think I talked myself into a basic cross over type instead of a push pull type. This means I will need a 2wd steering gear instead of the 4wd I have. There will be some steering brackets on the knuckles replacing what I have and some upgraded tie rod geometry.
I'm not wheeling this rig like I do my jeeps but it might see some mild moderate terrain from time to time. I want reliability over all along with stability on road.

Swapping this axle in is pretty straight forward but I'm trying to use the ford ubolt plates. I may find some wider springs to match things up better at the axle, 3" wide where the gm is 2.5" wide.
The spring is something I want to get right so they will probably be something more custom.

Last edited by tgdoumit; 04-03-2017 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Forgot something
tgdoumit is offline   Reply With Quote