View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 02:18 PM   #6
Smittee

Re: Guess I need to start a build thread! (68 SW Fleet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewittca View Post
That would be neat to see what he thinks of it. I am still in contact with the son of the original owner of my truck and I try to give him updates every now and then because he had some sentimental attachment to the truck.

Yes I am! I fill in as a substitute professor when they need me on campus, but spend most of my time doing research and managing our nanotechnology lab. I work year round but my schedule is very conducive to working on the truck when I want.
Nano-so you know Mork and Mindy!! Just kidding of course!
We don't have any research on campus; otherwise I might be doing that.
I need to go visit the old guy I bought the truck from! I guess take my laptop and show him pictures. Not sure how his health is.
I am guessing he will understand my build though, last I knew he still attends the NSRA Nationals in Louisville. So he has seen the "improvements" I am making to the truck. I recently saw the guy that brought the truck up from TN back in the 70s and he really liked what I have done. He worked for Lokar several years back so I know he knows wht is going on with these trucks these days. Made me VERY happy to get his approval though.
Smittee is offline   Reply With Quote