View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 09:57 AM   #114
skyjgmc

Re: 70' GMC "Walter"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69gmcc10 View Post
$50 sounds like a good deal to me and It will give you plenty of practice at body work
Yea that was my thinking behind the whole thing too! It was a nice sunny warm day ( by Montana standards ) I finally got my rollers mounted up

so I can push it into the garage and as soon as I can find a transmission I'll be swapping the vortec into it. Did I mention I wished I hadn't sold that 4l80e hahahha. I'd even take a decent turbo 350 or 400 if the price was right. I'm itching to get this thing on the road.
I haven't went and picked up the orange box yet it was a raining real bad the day we scheduled to go pick it up so it's looking like this weekend again unless we get more rain that guys yard is super muddy when it rains and getting down to the box would be a mud bog. Did I mention I may have a line on a complete shortbox reddish/orange off a 71 gmc!! Yep the guy wants to think on his price for a bit.. what's a good price I should offer? I'm a cheap skate so a few hundo sounds good to me but what would be a "reasonable" offer for a shortbox in fair shape with gate and I think it's a steel floor couldn't see the floor he had all his spare radiators sitting in it.

Last edited by skyjgmc; 04-13-2017 at 10:18 AM.
skyjgmc is offline   Reply With Quote