View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 11:58 PM   #56
TXBoudy

Re: '72 Project Deplorable

Thank you. Feel free to steal the color all day long, I stole it from Dodge after all. lol... The bottom color is Billet Silver also swiped from the Dodge line-up. They are both heavy in metallic and pearl. My other choice was Chevy's Nightfall Grey Metallic but they didn't have a Silver I wanted to go with the grey. I wanted a darker silver and Chevy's was to light and bright for what I was after. I'm an intermediate painter myself with a handful of race cars under my belt over the years. For this reason I hired a painter for the job. He laid the mud and blocked for primer, I did the welding and wet sanded the primer, and he shot the color. I would have certainly had waves in the body, runs in the paint, and burns the clear so I chose to stick with my skill set. I talked to my lawn guy and he knew a guy who was looking for some side work so it worked out.

My thoughts for you: Metallics are not known to be the most newby friendly and at $300 per gallon with over 2 pints of pearl in it, I'd say the chances of disappointment are relatively high. There's alot of painters on craigslist who are desperate for some side work.

Boudy

Project "Deplorable"

Door Panel Build
TXBoudy is offline   Reply With Quote