View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 08:02 PM   #921
47 Fasttoys

Re: Loadmaster '47 COE

"Mama, I'm home" The Blue Turtle is ready for a well earned break. 11 days, 3900+ miles, 12 states, 9 nights camping, average gas mileage 10, so that figures out to 390 gallons of gas. Repair costs and maintenance costs on the road: zero, zip, zilch, never even lifted the engine cover off. Only mechanical thing I even touched was to swap out 1 wiper blade (old one worked better then the new). Now, improvements and new toys for the camper, well now that's another story. My wife just had to have garage sale items for the camper, and then there was the great condition used Honda generator which was big enough to power the AC unit in the camper, what was I to do? The idea is to build a stand for it under the hood so if I don't have shore power (a camping term) I can still run everything with out draining the battery. Think about the looks when people ask what I'm running for a power plant and I pop the hood. Honda powered. For running down the road it will need to be strapped in the back for air flow reasons. I have tons of pictures of odd ball things you see along the back roads of America. I will post a few in a bit.
Rob