View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 05:05 PM   #17
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Friday came and went, uneventfully, except for a pair of lodgers, twins arriving to stay for a few days.

I had arranged with Kevin who had arranged for 15 railway sleepers or ties in American, to be delivered to his place to drive over at 06.45 on Saturday to help him load 5 plus two for my shed build.

When we had loaded them into his van, it seemed a great idea to cart the rest around his house by about 300 degrees, and carry them into his upper garden, remember the patio we built there last year? Same place. The old paving slabs were now being used in my shed build.

Once that was done we came back over to my place, Prozac in the lead...... filled with more wood from Kevin's place and glass.

I had already been to a local double glazing place earlier on, on my way to Kevin's place and picked up some old windows.

Five good and very solid sleepers unloaded and stacked.

Remember the plus 2

They were rotted, one was already used as a retainer, and this one will be used as a planter for alpine.

Then onto measure, cut, fit, repeat.

Getting all the sleepers cut and fitted to act as a foundation to the rest of the shed walls.

After a few hours, this was all that was left over.

The new circular saw was certainly earning its keep.

And a bucket load of sawdust and chippins and rebated bits.

I had also decided to use three courses against the soil wall Kevin and I had dug out over Easter weekend.

Happy with that result too.

Next up was coffee and digestives, the constant pace and few bad nights of little sleep plus the sheer weight of working the sleepers alone was catching up.

Still, it was progressing faster than anticipated.

More in a bit.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote