View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 08:55 PM   #248
Tikal48

Re: Harold's '48 S10 LS1 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Nice work. I wish I knew something about how to do fiberglas - I haven't a clue.

I don't want to do much, maybe just some kick panels that would let me use my factory fresh air ducts and still house good speakers or maybe some kind of rear cab corner cabinets for speakers. I just know nothing about how to form for it, what's "enough" "support", release agents, mixing the resin, what cloth to use, nothing.
Youtube is a great start. I first spent a while watching videos of different fiberglass projects. The top console on page 4 was my first attempt using a skeleton covered with flannel cloth. (Finish product on page 7) Not a big fan of that method. I wound up with too much sag in between the ribs.

Kick panels would be a great learning project, and fiberglass is relatively cheap. I'm using the Bondo brand cloth, mat, resin and long & short hair filler. The long hair and short hair filler will cover a multitude of sins. I've never been a huge fan of Bondo, but I love this stuff. I'm loving everything about the fiberglass work, except the itch . . . jajaja!
Tikal48 is offline   Reply With Quote