View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 09:10 AM   #1418
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay68c10 View Post
Man, I just read this whole thread over a couple of days. What a great project and great trips and side stories! I'll be starting on a similar long term truck this summer, might take years but that's ok.

I met a guy at a show once with a Cobra kit car, it wasn't painted but was clearly driven a lot. He said it was so much fun to drive that he didn't want to take it off the road long enough to paint it. I always think about that guy and his car when I see a Cobra kit car.

Enjoy!!
Damn, That's a lot of reading. I'm looking forward to that build but like I've said, it'll have to wait a bit. I've waited this long, a little more won't hurt.

As an example, last week I cleaned out some garage space and got the truck parked in there so I can start working on pulling out the old engine. Haven't touched it since other than to set the new fuel pump on the bed rail.

Instead, Saturday morning I got the holes drilled in my yard to set footing blocks in for my new porch. Not Porche, porch. The weather was good, I had the materials on hand and the wife didn't want open holes around the house waiting to gobble up her critters like baby Jessica in the well, so I spent the entire weekend playing carpenter.

54' across the front, 8' deep there and 19" deep on the left side. I ordered trusses last night. It's going to be awesome!
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote