View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 11:10 AM   #490
Nobighurry

Re: 67-72 C/K/T-40's-90's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Hey,you're right...higher headlights and center bar. It looks good. I was going to say I get a special "kick" out of seeing the big Chevys. It seems 9 times out of 10 they are GMC,which I would expect. Kinda like seeing a nice light duty GMC when you're used to seeing Chevys.

I get a bad case of "the wants" every time I see that thing.

So I now own the fire truck above on page 6. I purchased it locally here in SC back in March. It had been converted to a flatbed before I got it. Wasn't the best conversion as the fire truck pump is still mounted under the bed. Since purchasing, I completely rewired it with AAW Classic Update kit, new steering wheel and new carb. Runs great and everything electrical works as supposed to. I finished decommissioning the fire truck remnants as much of it wasn't operating correctly. Truck only has a couple rust holes in the cab floor and drivers rear corner where the master cylinder leaked. I'm going through the brakes now. Truck only has 25k miles and is really in fantastic shape. I was excited to find a photo of it when it was in operation as a fire truck. Looking for original side steps and hangers. It currently has custom made ones for the fire apparatus. Kinda cool
Attached Images

Last edited by Nobighurry; 05-19-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Nobighurry is offline   Reply With Quote